Friday, June 11, 2010

How it got started...





My oldest daughter, Kimmie, and her softball team Medieval Monkeys is what truly inspired me to start creating. When I saw her yellow, polka dotted socks I knew there was much more to bloom in this industry but wasn't sure really which direction to take. I can't very well make those kind of socks and buying them from a manufacturer specifically for softball or soccer was a little too pricey. So I kept with the basics. They had to keep the hair out of their faces so why not incorporate bows and sports together. Interweave the two.



Now from my daughters view along with her other team mates, french barretts hurt when they wear them under their helmet. But alligator clips are "perrrrfect!" When its time for batting, they just take it out and clip it to either their cleats or their glove. "Its my lucky bow; I'm not taking it off," exclaimed Bri when Coach Jim looked at her puzzled. He just looked at me as smiled. They day I gave them their Monkey Charm bow ( yellow, black and white bow with a monkey face charn in the center); they had won 18-15. They proudly wore them every game afterwards, ( sadly the charm wore off since they had a 1-9 record this year). Eventhough they didn't win; it gave them courage to try and try harder.

1 comment:

onesnevertooold said...

What a great post!! This is what I believe blogs to be about!! Loved the "Coach Jim looked at me and smiled" LOLOL!! GREAT!!! Have great super and safe weekend!!